Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Michigan/Arizona Primary Night I

So, since I'm watching the returns for the Republican primaries in Michigan and Arizona come in tonight, I decided that it would be a fine idea to make a few posts.  And by 'a few posts', I probably mean just this one, but time will tell.  You may ask why I don't do this on Twitter, well, the answer is simple; I don't have a stupid Twitter account.  And I hope I never have a stupid Twitter account.

Well, to get on with it, what inspired this post happened a little while ago when Wolf Blitzer (yes, I'm watching this on CNN) was talking shortly after they returned from a break.  It was quite comical to see Blitzer appear to nearly have a heart attack as he announced that the numbers just changed and something along the lines of "Rick Santorum was just up on Mitt Romney by only 400-something votes, but just like that he's now up by 500-something votes!  Oh my gosh!  Things are crazy!"

Okay, I did kind of make up those last two sentences, but Blitzer's shock, whether it was genuine or manufactured, was absurd because most of the polls in Michigan had been closed for about forty minutes and only about six percent of the votes had been tabulated.  So it should not have been that shocking for a change in the vote tally to occur.  Besides, Blitzer has probably seen similar sorts of fantastic phenomena occur before as he is old and has done these political shows before.  He is very old.

Alright, I have to get back to watching, I think Wolf is getting excited again!

No comments:

Post a Comment